Waulud statement on equality and community cohesion
Our school is committed to equality both as an employer and a service-provider.
We try to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
- We want to make sure that our school is a safe, secure and stimulating place for everyone.
- We recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all exactly the same.
- We recognise that for some pupils extra support is needed to help them to achieve and be successful.
- We try to make sure that people from different groups are heard and involved in our decisions, for example through talking to pupils and parents/carers, and through our School Council.
- We aim to make sure that no-one experiences harassment, less favourable treatment or discrimination because of any personal characteristics.
We welcome our general duty under the Equality Act 2010 to eliminate discrimination to advance equality of opportunity and to foster good relations.